About Me

My photo
没有一百分的另一半,只有五十分的两个人

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Greeting From Egypt

Hello everyone,

I am now in Egypt using the internet cafe to write this blog so please bear with me that there is no chinese here they only have arabic or english hahaha....

The weather here is very very hot, it can be 24 deg celcius at night and 34 deg celcius in the day time. The place here is very dusty and dirty especially in Cairo, everywhere is so dirty and crowded with people and i seem like "alien" when i walk in the crowd everybody will keep asking where i come from and keep asking me whether i want taxi or not. The people here always talk about "money" , they ask you to take their picture but end up they ask you for money. Everywhere you go you may need to pay especially toilet. If you stay in the pizza hut or Mcdonald for too long time they will ask you to leave or you have to order for some more food in order for you to stay longer at the seat.

But overall we do enjoy ourselves because this is a very different kind of experience compare to joining a group tour.

Once again thank you for all the wishes and see you all again when i back to my sweet home town.

Bye-bye....... see you all soon !!!!!

8 comments:

L-5 said...

Michelle

Nice to hear from u. :d

Good that u enjoyed ur trip!!! :D

Take more photos to show us, OK?

Cheers!!!

Margaret said...

Michelle

Greetings from Singapore!

Auntie Irene, Nicole, L-5 and myself read the blog together... auntie Irene even read your posting aloud with a slang...hahaha...

Glad to know that you have enjoyed your trip so far except from the money-faced culture there, it reminds me of Stephanie Sun shooting encounter in Egypt... You really have to take care of your personal belongings...to play safe don't trust anybody there...

wow, so hot there, hope you are able to tahan the heat... don't get yourself sun-burnt yo...

enjoy your sweet holiday and we'll see you again soon...

Michelle said...

L-5,

Yes taken a lot of pic but i think most of them look about the same because is all the desert only hahaha.....

see u soon !

Michelle said...

Margaret,

A lot of funny thing here and people here is trying to find their way to find money esp in those tourist point. i paid for 300 pound for riding horse to go to the pyramid but end of the trip the one who lead me to the pyramid still asking me for tips for another 100 pound. if not they do not let me go back to the original place. I also tot of Stephanie sun incident and also some friend did told me about the tips issue so i try to keep more small note to standby but never expect them to ask for 100 pound for tips and end up i got to negotiate with all my balance small note of 40 pound then only he lead me back unhappily.

When i walk alone on the street there is a lot of 性骚扰 they will said they like u so much and they like yr body so much some even ask me can they touch my body or not. Some of them even want to marry me so i got to tell them my bf is my husband. Think ppl here like fat lady hahaha.... so i will just ignore those who approach me on the street.

Now i had finished visited most of the tourist place and they start their ramadan month today so we r not allow to drink or eat on the street at all. So maybe will just stay in the hotel or internet cafe since the weather is hot outside too.

I will be back on monday morning so will see what you all had prepared over the weekend !

see u all soon !

Anthony said...

Michelle,

You must have a enjoyable time with your "BF".
It nice to know others countries cultures,but becareful when using internet cafe line...look out for hacker. take care...

Mabel said...

Michelle

It;s nice to hear from you. Egypt.. to you have to cover your face with a piece of cloth? Hahaha... Enjoy yourself lor, miss your good food oh i mean miss viewing your good food. :)

Michelle said...

Anthony,

Thanks for yr reminder.

Michelle said...

Mabel,

I nv cover myself la but u can cover too because the sunlight is too hot so it;'s better to cover so won;t get sun burnt hahaha......